2021 LISEF will be a virtual event; information pertaining to the virtual fair will be announced/posted by mid-October.
- Liaisons will submit one LISEF Media Release Form for each student participating in a fair and one for each accompanying teacher at the Registration Desk in the lobby upon their arrival. 2020 LISEF Project Codes
- The LISEF Abstract must be displayed vertically at your project.
- If required, Forms 1C and/or 7 must be displayed on your table.
- Prepare a presentation of no more than seven (7) minutes, and be prepared for a question and answer session of five (5) minutes. It is at the judge’s discretion to allow you to do a formal presentation.
- After a project has been registered, the individual/project leader will have the ability to upload a single PDF file of all ISEF forms, and other LISEF required materials on the Project Dashboard. In addition, if the project required Human Subject Consent Forms, they must be uploaded as a single PDF document on the Project Dashboard. The deadline this year for the Project PDF Upload and Human Consent Form Upload is January 29, 2020, 8:00 pm. Both PDF files can be overwritten by the individual/project leader until the upload deadline has passed. See more details in the Rules and Guidelines, or here in the Project PDF Upload Directions.
- The LISEF Room Maps 2020 and the Project Codes 2020 will be posted before Round 1. You need to use your project code on your Media Release Form.
- The number of projects that move on from Day 1 to Day 2 is a minimum of 25% of the category with a maximum of 10. When this calculation results in a decimal equal to or greater than 0.5, we will round up. Projects with negative z-scores are not eligible to advance. If the calculation results in a number less than 5, LISEF will ask the 5 with the highest positive z-scores as long as there are 5 with positive z-scores. If a category is being awarded 2 ISEF spots, the maximum for that category will be set at 20 but may be less if the calculation dictates. LISEF 2020 Category Distribution
PLEASE NOTE: The research paper and supporting ISEF Forms will be reviewed for compliance with the INTEL ISEF International Rules and LISEF Rules; an interview may result. Projects that fail to qualify cannot participate in LISEF Round 2.
PLEASE NOTE: Because of Room Occupancy limits, no guests/observers (this includes but is not limited to school administrators, mentors, classmates, relatives, and or friends) will be allowed in the judging rooms. If guests/observers come the day of the fair, they will be asked to leave the building.