2021 LISEF will be a virtual event; information pertaining to the virtual fair will be announced/posted by mid-October.
- Prior to Day 2, students that advance to Round 2, will receive a SRC letter. This letter will indicate if any corrections to ISEF forms are needed. These forms must be sent to the LISEF SRC, as per instructions on the letter, and are due before Round 2. No updated paperwork should be brought to Round 2.
- Liaisons will submit to the Registration Desk in the lobby upon arrival one Media Release Form for each accompanying teacher that did not attend Round 1
- The LISEF Abstract must be displayed vertically at your project.
- If required, Forms 1C and/or 7 must be displayed on your table.
- Prepare a presentation of no more than seven (7) minutes, and be prepared for a question and answer session of five (5) minutes. It is at the judge’s discretion to allow you to do a formal presentation.
- Day 2 Room Maps (updated 3/10/2020) will be posted. Project codes remain the same as Day 1.
- If the liaison is unable to attend on any day of competition, the liaison must arrange for a district employee to act as a chaperone during the entire competition and awards program and the chaperone must assume the duties/responsibilities of the liaison.
- Both Day 1 Z-score average and Day 2 Z-score average for each student will be combined to determine our winners, with the Day 2 Z-score being weighted more heavily using the following rules:
- If the number of rounds of judging on day 1/the number of rounds of judging on day 2 < .5, we would count day 1 avg z-score as 15% and Day 2 avg z-score as 85%.
- If the number of rounds of judging on day 1/the number of rounds of judging on day 2 = .5, we would count day 1 avg z-score as 25% and Day 2 avg z-score as 75%.
- If the number of rounds of judging on day 1/the number of rounds of judging on day 2 > .5, we would count day 1 avg z-score as 33 1/3% and Day 2 avg z-score as 66 2/3%.
- All first place winners must remain for a short meeting immediately after the awards ceremony. Winners only become finalists if they receive an email on the Saturday following the competition that their status is now ISEF Finalist.
- There will be a MANDATORY after school finalists’ meeting on the Tuesday, March 17 2020, time and place to be announced, for finalists advancing to ISEF and their chaperones.
- There will be a second MANDATORY meeting for finalists and their chaperones, Tuesday, April 21, 2020, where finalists will give their presentations to a panel; shipping information to be provided in finalists packet.
PLEASE NOTE: Because of Room Occupancy limits, no guests/observers (this includes but is not limited to school administrators, mentors, classmates, relatives, and or friends) will be allowed in the judging rooms. If guests/observers come the day of the fair, they will be asked to leave the building.